Enriching T-DNA tagged lines for the T-DNA insertions

Gary Vanzin gfv94001 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Wed Oct 16 18:09:31 EST 1996

Does anyone have a protocol/reference for enriching T-DNA tagged lines for
T-DNA?  Screening 7000 T-DNA tagged lines (Feldmann collection) by PCR would
be much easier if I could eliminate extraneous DNA from my genomic DNA preps.
  My only lead is on a biotin/streptavadin system, where I would bind a
portion of the T-DNA gene to denatured genomic DNA containing the T-DNA tags.
 This would then be coupled to streptavadin beads, and purified.  If anyone
has any comments, or have found a better way to enrich T-DNA tagged lines,
please post!