Constitutive probes (again?)

Jonathan Richard Howarth jrh2 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 03:57:23 EST 1996

Hello,
	I am currently studying gene expression in Arabidopsis roots,
stems, leaves, flowers and siliques and am looking for a constitutive
probe for my northerns. I have previously tried an 18S ribosomal probe
which worked fine but I found I could not strip and reuse the filters
afterwrds. I then tried Actin (AAc1, Nairn et al., (1988) Gene, 65.
p247-257) but this seems to be more highly expressed in flowers and
perhaps less in leaves i.e. its not constitutive.
	Does anyone who has done similar studies in the past have any
suggestions as to a better probe and if so where I could get it from.
Hope some one can help. My e-mail is jrh2 at st-andrews.ac.uk
		Thanks for any advice,
		Jonathan Howarth.