A position for Visiting Scientist in Korea

Hong-Gil Nam hgn at BRIC.POSTECH.AC.KR
Tue Oct 22 23:29:05 EST 1996

The Korean Fedration of Science and Technology Socities has a program to
invite good scientists from overseas to work in Korea.

I have recently got a fund for a visiting scientist from the Fedration.

The qualification the Fedration requires is more than 5 years of experience
after getting Ph.D degree.  In addition, he/she should be able to speak and
write Korean or English.

The research project funded for me is "Molecular genetic study of plant
senescence"
The reseach may include one or more of the followings:
1) Further characterization (genetic and molecular) of delayed leaf
senescence mutants in Arabidopsis we have already isolated.
2) Isolation of more senescence mutant from T-DNA or transposon insertional
lines and EMS-mutagenized lines of Arabidopsis
3) Regulation and function study of senescence-induced genes in Arabidopsis.
4) other topics related to Arabidopsis senescence can certainly be suggested
by the visiting scientist.

The funding period for the visting scientist is upto 2 years.
The funding starts from Jan. 1997 ( a later start is OK).
The Fedration will provide moving expenses (~ 1,000 $), medical insurance,
round trip ticket (economy class) in addition to the monthly payment.  The
amount of the monthly payment will depend on one's carreer.  It is very
likey my school will provide an apartment but the utility has to be paid by
the resident (~ 200$/month).

*** The dead line for the application is Nov. 10, 1996.
If anyone is interested in the position, please contact me by e-mail
(hgn at bric.postech.ac.kr) or fax (82-562-279-2998).
I will send you a more detailed information such as the amount of fellowship
and the application form.

Thanks for your time for reading my message.

Hong Gil

Hong Gil Nam
Associate professor
Dept of Life Sciences
Pohang University of Science and Technology
San 31, Hyoja Dong, Nam Gu, Pohang
Kyungbuk, 790-784
South Korea
Fax:82-562-279-2998