Basta vector with MCS?

Todd Richmond trichmon at students.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 23 18:41:25 EST 1996

I'm looking for a plant transformation vector which, in addition to having a
Basta selectable marker, also has some decent cloning sites. I need to
transform a fragment into a background that is already kanamycin resistant,
so selectable markers other than kanamycin would do as well.  I've tried a
vector with hygromycin resistance, but I'm not happy with the selection,
especially in combination with kanamycin as well. Anybody have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Richmond                  trichmon at students.wisc.edu
B129 Birge Hall                UW-Madison Dept of Botany

"It's better to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."
The late Rear Admiral Grace Hopper