pedegree tracking program recommendations

Kim Pruitt saltcity at
Sat Oct 26 22:40:11 EST 1996

Marc Cortese wrote:
> Fellow netters,
> I am looking for a software program to help me keep track of my mutant
> lines as I back cross and map them.  I've looked at Genome Tracker but I
> am afraid that if I am forced to work on a MacIntosh I will become
> violent, insane, or both.  So does anyone know of a program that runs on a
> PC that will track my seed stocks?
> Marc
> Marc Cortese                                  Lab: (208) 885-9431
> Department of MMBB                           Home: (208) 882-8810
> University of Idaho                           Fax: (208) 885-6518
> Moscow, ID  83843                     e-mail: corte922 at
>                      aug aug gcc cgc ugc uaa
Hi Marc,

We hope to have a Windows version of Genome Tracker available in
If you haven't resolved your problem by then please feel free to contact
us.  If you really need something sooner than that you could volunteer
to be a beta version tester.

Kim D. Pruitt
Salt City Software
e-mail: 70761.2216 at