senescence mutants

Miranda v/d Rhee M.D.vanderhee at ato.dlo.nl
Wed Sep 4 02:12:10 EST 1996

Our lab is studying senescence in cut flowers and in connection with
this we are interested to know, if anyone has arabidopsis mutants that
show delayed leaf or flower-senescence available  for research. Leaf
senescence mutants presumably rapidly show up, when plants are exposed
to stress such as prolonged darkness.

Flower senescence mutants are more different to characterize as under
most conditions, petals will abscise while fully turgescent. However,
under certain conditions (eg. flowering in vitro) we observed wilting of
the petals while attached to the flower.

Please send your response to:

Dr. E.J. Woltering and Dr. D. Van der Kop

Email: D.A.M.vanderkop at ATO.DLO.NL