labeling YAC clones

Jan Fahleson Jan.Fahleson at vf.slu.se
Thu Sep 12 05:37:05 EST 1996

I wonder if anyone out there have a good protocol for labeling YAC clones
for subsequent screening of libraries. I have tried to cut out a specific
YAC (16B4 from the yUP library, approx. 330 kb), purified the YAC with
Gelase and then cut it with Sau3A and finally labelled it. The labeling was
rather poor (which, I suppose, is to be expected) but when screening a cDNA
library no signal was obtained. I did not include a positive control to see
if everything was working OK but for the moment I am in the beginning of
the process and need to learn how to effectivly label big pieces of DNA.

Thanks in advance