Assistant Professor Positions

Chuck Gasser csgasser at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 18 16:54:03 EST 1996

The following advertisement was published some time ago in several
journals.  I wanted to be sure that it was known that those workin any
eukaryotic system (INCLUDING PLANTS!) will considered on an equal basis
for these positions.  The due date is now quite near but there is still
time to send in applications.

>TWO POSITIONS IN MOLECULAR GENETICS / MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
>
>The Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Biological
>Sciences, invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the
>level of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR.  Both positions can include an initial
>appointment in the Agricultural Experiment Station.  Candidates must have
>a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and an outstanding record of research achievement.
>Successful candidates are expected to develop a strong research program
>in the general areas of gene expression or nucleic acid molecular biology
>and to teach either genetics or biochemistry at the graduate and
>undergraduate levels.  Appropriate research areas include, but are not
>limited to, the interactions between signal transduction pathways and
>transcription, cell-cycle regulation of gene expression, the role of
>transcriptional regulators in differentiation and development, and
>protein-nucleic interactions.  Appointment of the Rowe Chair in Human
>Molecular Genetics within the School of Medicine and the recent
>appointment and continued recruitment of faculty in structural biology in
>the Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology underscores the campus's
>commitment to
>developing increasing strength in mammalian genetics and structural
>biology.  Applicants should submit (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a statement
>of current and proposed research, and (3) a statement of teaching
>experience and interests, and arrange to have three letters of
>recommendation sent to:  Dr. Michael E. Dahmus, Chair, Genetics/Molecular
>Biology Search Committee, Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology,
>University of California, Davis, CA 95616-8519.  Closing date:  Open until
>filled, but all application materials, including letters of recommendation,
>must be received by October 1, 1996 to be assured full consideration.
>
>The University of California, Davis, is an affirmative action/equal
>opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the
>development of a climate that supports equality of opportunity and respect
>for differences based on gender, cultural ethnicity, disability, and sexual
>orientation.  In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving
>applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of our
>workforce.

Chuck Gasser
csgasser at ucdavis.edu