C24 for mutational/positional cloning?

John Manners J.Manners at tpp.uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 3 11:47:25 EST 1997

Hi everyone,

We have transgenic plants of ecotype C24 that contains a tightly
pathogen regulated promoter-reporter fusion. We are planning to make a
mutant population in order to identify and eventually positionally clone
other plant genes that may influence the expression of this promoter. In
this we will need to map these mutations. Is there any information on
how polymorphic C24 may be in relation to other better genetically
characterised ecotypes of Arabicopsis such as Col0, Landsberg etc. and
any hints on how best to approach positioning genes using this ecotype
as starting material would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
John M. Manners
Email: j.manners at tpp.uq.edu.au