M1 screen in Arabidopsis

Grant Kalinowski grant at biodec.wustl.edu
Fri Aug 1 15:34:27 EST 1997

Hello everyone,

        I am interested in performing an M1 screen in Arabidopsis.
I plan to pollinate a male-sterile plant with mutagenized pollen to
generate the heterozygous M1.  I have found multiple references for pollen
mutagenesis in maize, but does anyone out there have experience with
Arabidopsis pollen mutagenesis?  Any advice about how to collect quantities
of viable Arabidopsis pollen?
        Also, does anyone have an ap3 or pi mutant (or other well-
characterized male-sterile) in the Columbia background that they would be
willing to share?

Thank you,

Grant Kalinowski
Department of Biology