SENIOR SCIENTIST POSITION IN ARABIDOPSIS MOLECULAR GENETICS

michael.bevan michael.bevan at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 11:29:37 EST 1997

POSITION FOR SENIOR SCIENTIST AT THE JOHN INNES CENTRE

The John Innes Centre in Norwich, UK, is a leader in innovative research in
plant and microbial sciences. We wish to appoint a senior scientist to
expand our work in the field of Arabidopsis molecular genetics. The
post-holder will be expected to define research goals, and  to create and
lead a research team working in the areas of cell and developmental
biology, taking full advantage of opportunites for developing
interdisciplinary work in these fields within and outside the JIC. The
specific areas of research are open, but applicants are expected to develop
projects that will provide information and approaches for the improvement
of crop plants.

This is a permanent position in the Molecular Genetics Dept, and additional
support for start up costs and a permanent technician will be provided.
This post is particularly suited to scientists who wish to develop
long-term research goals in a well-resourced and supportive environment.

The salary scale is for 22,000 - 35,000 depending on relevant experience.
There is also a non-contributory pension scheme.

This post will be advertised in Nature in August and Sept, with a closing
date of 10 Oct 1997.

Informal enquires can be made to me, and I also have further information
about the Department and our research goals.

 Mike Bevan, Head of Dept,  (bevan at bbsrc.ac.uk)