Post-doc in Plant-Microbe Interactions

Roger W. Innes rinnes at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:50:48 EST 1997

A postdoctoral position funded by NIH is available immediately to study
signal transduction pathways that mediate disease resistance in
Arabidopsis.  We have recently identified four genes that are required
for function of the RPS5 disease resistance pathway.  Mutations in three
of these genes also compromise resistance mediated by other R-genes.
This project will focus on the isolation and characterization of these
putative signal transduction genes.   A strong background in molecular
biology, genetics and/or biochemistry is required.  Additional
information about our research program and the Indiana University
Biology Department can be found at http://www.bio.indiana.edu. For
further information, please contact: rinnes at bio.indiana.edu. For
applications, send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and e-mail
addresses of three references to:  R. Innes, Department of Biology,
Indiana University, Bloomington IN  47405; email rinnes at bio.indiana.edu;
fax 812-855-6705; ph 812-855-2219.   Indiana University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.