More PCR markers on chromosome 5

MPICO v7klma at rz.uni-jena.de
Fri Aug 22 10:49:38 EST 1997

Alison Cavell recently asked about PCR markers on chromosome 5.  We used
DNA sequence from AGI
labs to design the following microsatellite primers that should map between
nga106 & nga139.
However, it now turns out that our favorite gene maps a bit south of here,
so we have not tried
these primers and there are no guarantees they will actually work or
identify polymorphisms.

ice21E10 For: TTA AAA ACA AAA TCA CCT A
ice21E10 Rev: TTA AAA CCT CAA AAA TGT A

ice9D12  For: AGA AGA AAA ATA TCC TAC CAT
ice9D12  Rev: GAA GAA AGA AAG ATC AAC TCA G

ice1N24  For: TTA ACG GGT CAG CGA ATG T
ice1N24  Rev: CAG ATG GTG AAA ACG ACT T

Finally, the NIT4 CAPS is nearby, and GenBank contains sequence for PRPHC,
which is probably in
this interval and could presumably provide a CAPS.  Some of the Kazusa AGI
DNA sequence is also
nearby, providing a useful source for addition dinucleotide repeats.

If anyone has success with these markers we would like to hear about it.
If they are useful we
will include them with other new CAPS and SSLP markers at:

http://www.sisna.com/mpico/index.html

In 2 - 4 weeks that site will move to http://www.arabis.net/

-Tom Mitchell-Olds
 Department of Molecular Genetics and Evolution
 Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology
 07743, Jena, Germany
 tmo at arabis.net