POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITIONS

reddy at lamar.colostate.edu reddy at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri Aug 22 17:29:13 EST 1997

 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITIONS

Two postdoctoral research associate positions are available in the
Department of Biology.

Position 1: To work on  calmodulin-binding proteins in Arabidopsis and
potato. We have recently isolated several cDNAs encoding calmodulin-binding
proteins from plants including a novel microtubule motor protein.  Our
current focus is on isolating proteins that interact with the motor protein
and characterizing other cDNAs encoding calmodulin-binding proteins. The
incumbent is expected to use a variety of genetic and biochemical
approaches including in vivo and in vitro protein-protein interaction based
screenings.  Applicants should have a strong background in standard
biochemical, cell biological and molecular techniques.

Position 2: We isolated four genes encoding antifungal proteins and have
generated transgenic potato and tobacco lines expressing these genes. The
incumbent will be involved in analyzing these transgenic potato and tobacco
plants for fungal resistance.  Applicants should have a strong background
in plant pathology.

The incumbent is expected to interact with other post-docs, graduate
students, and part-time work study students in the laboratory.  Salary
commensurate with experience. For more information on our ongoing research
projects please visit www.ColoState.EDU/Depts/CMB/faculty/reddy.html.  To
know more about Colorado State University visit
www.ColoState.EDU/Depts/CMB/#the-university.  Interested candidates should
send (by mail, fax or e-mail) curriculum vitae, a brief statement of
research experience and names and telephone numbers of three references to:

Dr. A.S.N. Reddy
Assistant Professor
Laboratory of plant molecular biology
E-106 Anatomy/Zoology Bldg
Department of Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Ph.No. 303-491-5773 (office) 303-491-2819 (Lab)
FAX No. 303-491-0649
e-mail: Reddy at lamar.colostate.edu

Colorado State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.