Immunoassays to Transgenics

by way of C. S. Prakash JStave5636 at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 13:38:10 EST 1997

I am forwarding information on a company that makes antibodies for
transgenic plant testing.  Sounds very useful to me.  I have no connection
to this company,

Prakash

Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (www.sdix.com) is engaged in Research, Development
and Manufacturing of rapid, field-portable immunoassays for the detection of
agricultural, environmental and industrial analytes including transgenic
plants.  We currently manufacture immunochromatographic strip assays for the
detection of Bt corn, cotton and soybean.  I am looking for researchers and
industry contacts who desire antibodies or assays for detection of transgenic
proteins.  I am particularly interested in developing tests for traits that
are or in the process of being commercialized.  Would you know of researchers
who have purified PAT or BAR that could be used to make antibodies?  Do you
know of researchers who have purified antigen conferring resistance to
herbicides like bromoxynil, imidazolinones, sulfonylureas or sethoxydim?  I
am also looking for additional sources of Bt antigen.

SDI is committed to providing antibodies, assays and related services to this
market segment.  We engage in collaborative and contract research as well as
product development and manufacture.  I appreciate your time and look forward
to your reply.

Jim

James W. Stave, Ph.D.
Strategic Diagnostics Inc.