constitutive probe

Diana Horvath horvatd at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Thu Feb 20 11:34:02 EST 1997

A late response to the thread on constitutive probes -

I previously isolated an Arabidopsis clone that is a histone 2A variant
(most similar to Drosophila "emb|X07485|DMH2AVD D. melanogaster H2AvD mRNA
for histone 2A variant" - blastn score of P=3.0e-56).  Expression of
this H2Av was constitutive in my hands when compared in a variety of
different Arabidopsis tissues.  Subsequent to my isolation of this clone,
it has been reported in the EST database (emb|Z26465|ATTS1597 A. thaliana
transcribed sequence; clone TAY106;  similar to HISTONE H2A VARIANT.
Length
= 622) and is available through the ABRC.

Diana M. Horvath, PhD
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Biology
Box 162
The Rockefeller University