Plant HMWgDNA Isolation?

Susan Trapp waldopep at wam.umd.edu
Tue Jul 1 11:15:59 EST 1997

Hi.  I am looking for a recent protocol for isolating high molecular
genomic DNA from a conifer tree in order to prepare a library.  Does
anyone have such a protocol to share or suggestions of where to
start.. other protocols that may be useful?  I most likely will
have to use pine needles as the source of tissue material.

Second question.  I am planning on preparing a cosmid library
of this plant prep and am interested in the pros and cons of preparing
a cosmid library or perhaps a BAC or YAC library.  I was looking for
a review paper on the subject and could not find one.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Susan Trapp
waldopep at wam.umd.edu