ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PLANT BIOLOGY

Mary Dixon mbdixon at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 3 16:18:44 EST 1997

To Whom it may concern:  I was given this address to place our open faculty
position on the Arabidopsis website.  You may contact me via email or
9l6-752-9975.  Thank you, Mary Dixon.

ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PLANT BIOLOGY
                                                    University of
California, Davis
        The Section of Plant Biology at the University of California, Davis,
invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant/Associate
Professor level.  This position could also include an initial appointment
as an Assistant/Associate Plant Biologist in the Agricultural Experiment
Station.  The search is seeking applicants whose research area encompasses
studies of the plant cytoskeleton and/or early events in plant signal
transduction.  Since the Section places a high priority on teaching,
candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellent communications skills
in order to participate fully in undergraduate and graduate teaching and
curriculum development. Applicants should forward a curriculum vitae, a
statement of teaching interests, a description of past research
accomplishments including relevant reprints, and a clearly-focused
description of proposed future research goals. The applicant should also
provide the names, telephone, and e-mail addresses of three references.
The position will be open until filled, but all application materials must
be received no later than September 30, 1997, to be assured full
consideration.  Applications should be submitted to Dr. Steven Theg, Chair,
Cytoskeletal Search Committee, Section of Plant Biology, University of
California Davis, Davis CA 95616 (e-mail for questions:
plbsearch at ucdavis.edu). The University of California, Davis, is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional
commitment to the development of a climate that supports equality of
opportunity and respect for differences.