SEM : pollen, seeds, whole flowers

Chris Tissier ctissier at ag.Arizona.EDU
Fri Jul 11 13:24:13 EST 1997

Hi everyone,

I need to take some SEM pictures of pollen on anthers, seeds in siliques
and whole flowers. I've been given several protocols with respect to how
the tissues should be fixed. They vary from 1 day work salt treatment to
air-dryed overnight! I'd be grateful if some of you could share with me
their expertise on that matter and provide me with their personal
protocols and advises.

Christophe Tissier
University of Arizona
Forbes Building 303
TUCSON, AZ 85721
email : ctissier at

tel (1) 520.621.9701 fax (1) 520.621.7186

        The surest way to corrupt a young man is to teach him
to esteem more highly those who think alike than those who think

        Civilized man's brain is a museum of contradictory truths.