New PCR markers on bottom arm of ch 5

tmo at selway.umt.edu tmo at selway.umt.edu
Fri Jul 11 10:34:52 EST 1997

Recently Mannie Liscum asked about CAPS on ch5 south of nga129 that are
able to be used in Col/WS F2 pops.  Although we have no polymorphism data
from that cross, the following primers amplify mapped products in that area:

mi69:
For: 5'-ACA CAG TTG AGG GAA GAT G-3'
Rev: 5'-GTA AAA CCG ATA AAA AGA G-3'
Location: 115 cM
Length: ~1.6 kp

mi335:
For: 5'-TTA GGG CTT TTG GTA GTG ATT GAT-3'
Rev: 5'-CGA AGA GGA AGC GTG GAG AG-3'
Location: 144 cM
Length: ~2.3 kb

I would appreciate hearing about polymorphisms that people find with these
primers.  We will post additional CAPS and SSLPS to the Arabidopsis
newsgroup shortly.

cheers,

Tom Mitchell-Olds
Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology
Jena, Germany
tmo at selway.umt.edu

Dear Arabinetters,

We're are looking for a few more markers now (this is becoming a habit
I'm afraid!).  We are interested in CAPS or SSLP markers on ch5 south of
nga129 that are able to be used in Col/WS F2 pops.  m555a CAPS marker
looks like it will work for the most distal part of ch5 but the
available data (and our experience) thus far make it look like that's
the only possibility. Any help or info with regard to this would be
great.  Thanks in advance.

Mannie Liscum
Assistant Professor
Div of Biol Sci