Use of EMS mutagenesis to produce antibiotics

Kes Bhattacharyya kbhat at worldy.com
Sun Jul 27 15:08:01 EST 1997

I was curious to know if some has taken seeds and the the resulting
plants and tested them for antibiotic properties. Or if people have
taken mutagenized seeds and screened them for resistance to different
bacteria.  The use of antibiotics form plants may help solve our current
problem antibiotic-resistant bacteria and is hopefully an easier way of
finding such antibiotics without spending years in remote places.

Thanks for any help and please let me know if there is anyone who is
pursuing such research and would be able to help with mine.

Neeloy
kbhat at worldy.com

P.S. I am talking about Arabidopsis if any one is wondering.