answers to source for brassinosteroids

Michael Sidler msidler at botinst.unizh.ch
Mon Jul 28 11:23:51 EST 1997

>Hi everybody!
>
>I'm looking for sources of brassinosteroids  -  where can I get them?
>Which biologically active brassinosteroids have you used and in what
>concentrations?
>I want to supply  this hormone in the media to the plants - any hints or
>specific experiences with that?

Here is  a short compilation of the information I received on this topic:

z-l zheng wrote this address:
        CIDtech Research Inc. in Canada. Fax:(905)891-7660. E-mail:
        busmgr at cidtech-research.com.

Timothy W. Short:
        I was told they are available through Sigma (only epibrassinolide) at
        a reasonable price.

Chris Sommerville:
        You can get brassinosteroid from Rose Scientific - they have an ad in
        the back of plant cell vol 9, may 1997

Thank you all,

Mike

Michael Sidler  (msidler at botinst.unizh.ch)
University of Zurich,  Institute f. Plant Biology , Zollikerstrasse 107,
CH-8008 Zurich
phone:  +41 (0)1 3854259
fax:    +41 (0)1 3854204