Postdoctoral Position in Floral Induction

Detlef Weigel weigel at salk.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:51:10 EST 1997

A position is available immediately for a diligent and dedicated
individual, to work on an outside-funded project in the general area of
floral induction. Strong experience in molecular biology and genetics
are a must. While funds are initially available for two years, a major
consideration in filling the position is the potential of the candidate
to obtain her or his own funding. Although the position will preferably
be filled with a candidate holding a Ph.D., exceptional candidates with
an B.S. or M.S. degree will be considered.

For more information on current work in my group, visit our web site at

http://www.salk.edu/LABS/pbio-w/index.html

The Salk Institute provides an excellent environment for pursuing
developmental and molecular genetic research in plants. There is an
established Plant Biology Laboratory with three faculty members, as well
as the potential for collaboration with other biomedical laboratories at
the Institute. In addition, UC San Diego and The Scripps Research
Institute, both of which are in walking distance, have outstanding plant
and biomedical laboratories.

If you are interested in this position, please submit CV, statement of
research interests, and three letters of reference to

Detlef Weigel
Salk/PBIO
10010 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92037
USA
FX (619) 558-6379
EM weigel at salk.edu

I will be at the Madison conference next week from Thursday to Sunday,
and interested individuals are encouraged to talk to me there.

Detlef Weigel (weigel at salk.edu)