postdoc positions

Ken Feldmann feldmann at ag.Arizona.EDU
Thu Mar 13 19:05:33 EST 1997

I have two positions open for postdoc research associates.

I.  Brassinosteroid-Responsive Dwarfs in Arabidopsis.  A postdoctoral
position is available immediately to study Arabidopsis dwarf mutants
defective in brassinolide biosynthesis. Brassinolide represents a
relatively new class of plant growth regulators, the brassinosteroids,
which are important in cell elongation.  We have identified eight
brassinolide-responsive genes that map to various points in the
biosynthetic pathway.  Research will involve genetic analyses, expression
studies, gene cloning and developmental biology. The successful candidate
will have a strong background in genetics, biochemistry or molecular
biology.  Review of the applications will begin 31 March 1997 and continue
until the position is filled.  Send curriculum vitae, a statement of
research interests and career goals, representative publications, and three
letters of reference to: Dr. Kenneth Feldmann, Department of Plant
Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721; telephone 520-621-8831,
fax 520-621-7186; email feldmann at ag.arizona.edu. The University is an
EEO/AA/ADA employer. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.

II.  Epicuticular Wax Secretion and Biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. A
postdoctoral position is available immediately to study epicuticular wax
biosynthesis/secretion in Arabidopsis. We are utilizing the known
eceriferum mutants of Arabidopsis and, in addition, have isolated a number
of other novel epicuticular wax mutants.  Research will involve genetic
analyses, expression studies, biochemical analyses, gene cloning and
genetic engineering.  The successful candidate will have a strong
background in genetics, biochemistry or molecular biology. Review of the
applications will begin 31 March 1997 and continue until the position is
filled.  Send curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests and
career goals, representative publications, and three letters of reference
to: Dr. Kenneth Feldmann, Department of Plant Sciences, University of
Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721; telephone 520-621-8831, fax 520-621-7186; email
feldmann at ag.arizona.edu. The University is an EEO/AA/ADA employer. Women
and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.

Ken Feldmann