Fertilizer media -Reply

Stokes Baker BAKERSS at udmercy.edu
Thu May 15 10:36:34 EST 1997

Thanks for the help.  I'll give it a try and let you know.

Stokes

Stokes S. Baker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biology
University of Detroit Mercy
P.O. Box 19900
Detroit, MI  48219-0900

Phone: (313) 993-1142
FAX: (313) 993-1139
E-mail: bakerss at udmercy.edu    or   au186 at detroit.freenet.org

>>> Scott <michaels at students.wisc.edu> 05/15/97 09:41am >>>
Hello,

        For the past 3 years or so we have used plates made with Peters
15-5-15.  I'm not sure if 20-20-20 would make any significant difference.
 We use them for germination as well as selecting transgenic plants on
Kan.  We make up a 100X stock of 132g Peters/liter, then use 10ml/liter
for plates.  You will need to pH it to 5.7 then, the pH is quite low when
you mix it up.  Be careful though, it has very little buffering capacity, so
it doesn't take much base to bring it up.

Hope it helps,

Scott

Scott Michaels
270 Biochemistry (Amasino Lab)