Postdoc position-pollen kinases

Sheila McCormick sheilamc at mendel.berkeley.edu
Wed May 21 16:44:38 EST 1997

Postdoctoral Position, Plant Gene Expression Center, UC-Berkeley, Albany, CA
We have isolated and characterized pollen-specific receptor-like kinases from
corn and tomato; the timing and localization of expression suggest that these
kinases play a role in pollen-pistil interactions. We have Mutator
insertions in
one of the corn kinase genes and we have transgenic plants available for
analyses of the tomato kinases. The postdoctoral fellow would carry out
biochemical experiments towards deducing the function(s) of the kinases
and isolation/characterization of their ligands. Training in
biochemistry/molecular
biology is required; prior experience with reproductive biology and/or kinases
is a plus, but prior experience with plants is not necessary. Funding
available for
2 years; the potential of the candidate to obtain partial salary support
via fellowship
applications will be considered in the final selection. Selection
(hopefully) before
August 30, 1997; position available as soon as November 15, 1997, or a
later start date
can be negotiated; open until filled. For consideration send, before July
10, 1997,
a CV, a short statement of research interests and the names and e-mail
addresses
and/or phone numbers of 3 references to: sheilamc at mendel.berkeley.edu or to
Sheila McCormick, Plant Gene Expression Center, 800 Buchanan St., Albany,
CA 94710;
FAX (510)-559-5678
For more information about the lab, see: http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/~sheilamc