Are 200bp of 35S enough for expression in Arabidopsis?

Volker Mittendorf Volker.Mittendorf at ibpv.unil.ch
Fri May 23 10:42:30 EST 1997

Due to an unfortunate deletion I am left with only 200 bp of the
CaMV35S promoter region directly upstream of the transcription
initiation site in one of my "overexpression" constructs. Could
somebody please tell me the relative strength of this minimal promoter
that one can expect in relation to the full-lenght promoter (1700 bp)?
I would also be happy to obtain an appropriate literature reference,
which will hopefully give some details about the tissue specificity of
this 200 bp promoter in Arabidopsis.