Meeting Announcement

Wolf-Dieter Reiter wdreiter at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon Nov 3 22:00:18 EST 1997

The following announcement has recently been sent to everyone on the current
mailing list for the NYAPMB meetings.  To try and reach as many individuals
in the greater New York area as possible, I'm also posting it to this newsgroup.
                Wolf-Dieter Reiter
                University of Connecticut
                wdreiter at uconnvm.uconn.edu

New York Area Plant Molecular Biology Meeting 1998 - First Announcement

The 1998 NYAPMB meeting will be held on Saturday, January 17, 1998 at New
York University, and organized by Lawrence Hobbie (Adelphi University) and
Wolf-Dieter Reiter (University of Connecticut).  Following a format similar
to the one established in previous years, the meeting will consist of four
sessions covering the following areas:

-       Biochemical Pathways
-       Plant-Microbe Interactions / Disease Resistance
-       Developmental and Cell Biology
-       Regulation of Gene Expression

This one-day meeting is intended to foster interactions between researchers
working on molecular aspects of plant biology, and to provide graduate
students, postdocs and PIs with an opportunity to present and discuss their
results in a friendly and informal setting.  To provide adequate opportunity
for discussion, the talks will be limited to 15 minutes with an additional 5
minutes set aside for questions.

Following a registration period from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., the first
session will begin at 9:00 a.m.  A lunch will be organized for all
participants after the second session.  A registration fee of $25 is due on
the day of the meeting to cover expenses for lunch, coffee breaks, service
personnel, and rental of the meeting room.  The conference is scheduled to
end at 5:30 p.m.

At this time we ask all individuals interested in presenting their work at
this meeting to provide us with a title and a brief abstract (200 words or
less) by December 5, 1997 using the preregistration form at the bottom of
this message.  We will notify all potential speakers by mid-December whether
their abstracts have been selected for oral presentation.

All individuals who wish to attend the meeting without giving a talk are
asked to return the filled-in preregistration form by December 15, 1997.
Updates about the meeting including the final program and directions to the
meeting site will only be sent to those who preregister.  Please return the
preregistration form via e-mail either by replying to this message or by
mailing it to wdreiter at uconnvm.uconn.edu.  Individuals without access to the
Internet may fax or mail the printed form to the address below.

Note to PIs:
Please forward this meeting announcement to all members of your lab.  Anyone
who wishes to be added to our mailing list should let me know by sending a
brief e-mail message or returning the preregistration form. Thanks!

We are looking forward to a productive and enjoyable meeting!

Wolf-Dieter Reiter
University of Connecticut
75 North Eagleville Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
Tel.: (860) 486-5733
FAX: (860) 486-4331
E-mail: wdreiter at uconnvm.uconn.edu

Preregistration Form - New York Area Plant Molecular Biology Meeting 1998

Name:
Position:
Institution:
Department:
Street address:
City, State, Zip-Code:
Phone:
FAX:
E-mail:
PI of laboratory:

Do you wish your name to be added to our mailing list?

Do you wish your name to be removed from our mailing list?

Do you plan to attend the meeting?

Do you wish to give an oral presentation at the meeting?

If yes, please provide a tentative title and a brief abstract of your talk.

Title:

Abstract (200 words or less):