CAPS marker arround FUSCA6

Robert McGrath mcgrathr at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 6 11:46:02 EST 1997

Chun-Ming Liu (liucm at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu) wrote:
: Hi, Arabi-netter,
:         I am having problem generating a CAPS marker from FUSCA6 between WS
: and Ler.  Does anybody out there have the trick, or know any PCR-based
: marker in this region?  Cer7 is another gene close to this region.

With regard to the FUS6 CAPS marker I developed, a 20 bp SSLP can be
detected when digesting the PCR product with Acc I.  Since then, we have
developed primers to detect the SSLP directly, without digestion.  The
sequences of those primers are:

FUS6-F: TCG TTA CAC TGG CTT GCT TG
FUS6-R: TTC CTT GAT CAG ATT TGG TCG

The SSLP can clearly be seen when the PCR products are run on a 3%
agarose gel.

On a more general note, the ATGC at U. Penn has developed a number of new
SSLP markers (including FUS6), and the primer sequences will be posted to
the ATGC homepage shortly.

--
Robert B. McGrath, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow