Advice on DNA sequence analysis software

Sneaky Weasel creel at bioch.tamu.edu
Thu Nov 6 15:41:01 EST 1997

>Can anybody recommend a web site that allows FREE access to DNA sequence
>analysis software for e.g. restriction mapping, finding ORFs etc..  I've
>searched for ages and the sites I've found only perform database
>searches.

        the only "free" one that i know of is dna workbench, one location
it can be obtained from via ftp is cbil.hungen.upenn.edu in the
/pub/dnaworkbench folder. versions are for *nix, macOS, and windo$e. one
note.. its free for non-profit use.. and it has a command line interface..
so if your uncomfortable with that.. dont get it. its also very gcg like...
for more info check out tibs 19:427 (1994)

        bob

Bob Creelman
Department of Biophysics/Biochemistry      "Brain-eating mutants are
Crop Biotechnology Center                   bad for business"
Texas A&M University
College Station, Tx 77843                        Battle Angel
409-862-4796 (OFF)
409-862-4790 (FAX)
creel at bioch.tamu.edu
http.tamu.edu:8000/~creel <--- BAC web page