GUS-PCR

HAUSER MARIE-THERES hauser at edv2.boku.ac.at
Tue Nov 11 12:06:50 EST 1997

Dear Aranetters,

Is somebody knowing if a GUS probe is recognizing an endogenous
Arabidopsis GUS ortholog on Southerns?
We produced a PCR-labelled probe for GUS and found that we always
could amplify also a plant derived fragment which is actually
discernable from the bacterial one with a HinfI digest. With this
digest the plant derived fragment is missing a restriction site.
Looking through the genebank and other sequence databases we could
not find any indication of an orthologous plant glucuronidase (GUS).
On Southern blot we also get with this probe a band on wild type
plants.
If somebody is interested in getting the sequence of our primers and
want to test them on their transgenes - please do not hesitate to
contact me.

With the hope of some response
Marie-Theres Hauser

----------------