post-doctoral position

Helene Laparra helene.laparra at yale.edu
Mon Nov 10 21:32:32 EST 1997

<x-rich><bigger><bigger>A post-doctoral position is opened for:

MOLECULAR AND FUNCTIONAL CHARACTERIZATION OF

PLANT-MICROTUBULE-ASSOCIATED PROTEINS (MAPS)

The aim of the research in our group is to study the assembly dynamic
of microtubules in higher plant cells, in relation to the acquisit of
their specialized functions during the cell cycle and the cell
morphogenesis. Our work focuses on the characterization of
microtubule-associated proteins (MAPs). Compelling evidence obtained in
animal cells suggests that MAPs play a fundamental role in the
regulation of microtubule assembly and also vary their function.
Compare to animal cells, plant MAPs are largely uncharacterized. This
lack of data is mainly due to the low proportion of microtubular
proteins obtained from plant cell extracts.

The project we propose is:

- to identify particular plant MAPs involved in microtubule assembly
throughout the cell cycle by (i) purification of putative MAPs
contained in a MAP-enriched fraction we isolated and (ii) by testing
their effects on microtubule nucleation and microtubule growth in vitro
and then

- to characterize these MAPs at the molecular level.

This post-doctoral research position is funded by the Commissariat a
l'Energie Atomique (CEA) and the proposed salary is based on the
European standard for post-doctoral scientists. The position is
presently available and is for 18 months.

Applications, including a curriculum vitae should be sent to:

Dr. M. Vantard

Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Vegetale

DBMS-CEA de Grenoble

17 rue des Martyrs

38054 Grenoble

France.