No specific binding by the secondary antibody conjugated with HRP

wei at dogwood.botany.uga.edu wei at dogwood.botany.uga.edu
Mon Nov 17 21:49:56 EST 1997

Recently I did western blots to detect the protein I am working on in the
Arabidopsis. I got a problem in which the anti-mouse IgG with peroxidase
conjugate from Sigma  recognized the Arabidopsis crude proteins and gave two
or three nonspecfic bands even in 10,000 dilution. Does anybody out have the
same problem? How can I get rid of these nonspecific bindings? Where can I get
the secondary antibody which does not cross-react with Arabidopsis protein?
Thanks very much.

Wei Yu
Department of Botany
University of Geogia