Bac locations

Kevin A Floyd kaf28 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 17:34:55 EST 1997

Dear All,

A little while back I posted on this group asking for advice on how to
identify where a BAC lies within the arabidopsis genome.

Well, the bad news is it seems a lot of people are having the same problem
as I did.  There doesn't appear to be a 'nice' central web site that tells
you directly where BACs  - although it is possible to identify some of
them (BACs that are sequenced and annotated and those just sequenced).

The AtDB was as always, a useful site.  You can access the sequencing
groups pages from here:

http://http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Arabidopsis/AGI/AGI_links.html

If you really need to know where your BAC is, it is probably best to
approach one of the sequencing groups as they may know.

In the meantime, if anyone does know of a good way of finding out BAC
locations can they please post to this group as they are many people who
e-mailed me asking wether I good any good answers - and virtually no
answers!

Thanks

Kevin Floyd

Dept of Biochemistry