inexpensive Xgluc

Chris Somerville crs at andrew.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 23 20:14:31 EST 1997

Xgluc I enquired about the status of a special price I negotiated for
the Arabidopsis community with Rose Scientific some years ago. Ahamed
Hussain the manager responded that that price ($285/g) is still in
effect if you just write "special price for Arabidopsis" on the PO.
Several labs did tests on the quality and the conclusion was that it
was of higher than average quality.  Ahamed's message follows:
Chris Somerville
From:          Ahamed Hussain <rose at compusmart.ab.ca> Subject:

Dear Chris:

Thanks for the information on X-Gluc.
Please find attached the pricing from Rose Scientific to all members
of the Arabidopsis community. I would greatly
appreciate if you could pass this message on to the group because it
appears that some members are paying a lot more from other suppliers.
On a few occasions we get orders from folks in Japan and they will
indicate a price of $350.00 per gram but when we process the order,
my office always charge the price of $285.00. However, we only extend
this pricing to the Arabidopsis Society.

Sincere regards
Ahamed Hussain
Sales Manager

Chris Somerville