Looking for postdoc on plant cell wall

Christophe DUNAND Christophe.DUNAND at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Nov 26 11:56:33 EST 1997

Hi all,

I got my PhD in France (Grenoble) a couple of months ago entitled "Binding
of xyloglucans on plant membrane proteins and measurement of hormone and
xyloglucan-induced XET activity".
Right now, I am working in a plant molecular biology lab to get used to
genetics and molecular biology tools (southern blots on transgenic lines
and gel retardation with some Arabidopsis fusion proteins). I would like to
work on a project related to cell wall enzymes involving these different
aspects: biochemistry, genetic and molecular biology.

Do some of you have any addresses, e-mails or names of labs working on
enzymes or mutants in Arabidopsis related to cell wall metabolism?

Thanks for your help

Here is a brief summary of what I did previously:

        When I was undergraduate, I have studied the properties of
bacterium polymer to induce the synthesis of protease inhibitor and the
accumulation of linolenic acid (compound of transduction pathway).
        During my doctoral research, I have explored the biochemistry of
growth regulation. I have characterised the abilities of plasma membrane
proteins to recognized a side chain of xyloglucan. A receptor had been
detected whose binding to xyloglucan is inhibited by growth hormones
(auxins, cytokinin, abscissic acid, GA3). Also I have studied the effect of
those hormones and oligosacharrides of xyloglucane that elicit growth
enzyme in plant protoplasts.

        The skills I have developped and used during my doctoral research
include biochemistry, cell culture and protoplasts preparation, extraction
and characterisation of plasma membran proteins, use of immunoenzymatic
detection (ELISA) and determination of activity of several proteins. Also I
have  some knowledge of the chemistry of glycoconjugate synthesis.

Dunand Christophe
Genetique moleculaire des plantes
Grenoble
e-mail: Christophe.DUNAND at ujf-grenoble.fr