Novartis Open Positions

STULTS DEAN EXC CP US dean.stults at usre.mhs.ciba.com
Tue Oct 7 10:29:10 EST 1997

I understand that you might be able to post the attached on the 'arab-gen'
newsgroup.  Please let me know if this is sufficient to get it placed.

--------------------------------------

Novartis Crop Protection, Inc. (formed by the merger of Ciba and Sandoz),
the world's leading Life Sciences company and a leader in the development,
manufacture and marketing of agricultural chemicals, is seeking motivated
individuals to join us at our Biotechnology and Genomics Center in the Research
Triangle Park in North Carolina.  Successful candidates will be interested in
basic research and development of novel technologies in an industrial research
unit.

Biochemist (Job 9736)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assistance in  discovery of
novel herbicide targets, protein biochemistry support, analysis of plant gene
function and plant metabolites.  A demonstrated expertise in chromatography,
spectroscopy, protein separation and detection systems is critical.  Knowledge
of plant physiology and metabolism and knowledge of assay development are
essential as is a working knowledge of molecular biology.  We are seeking a Ph.
D. in Biochemistry with at least 2 years postdoctoral experience preferred.

Systemic Acquired Resistance - Group Leader (Job 9738)
The incumbent will be responsible for leading a group investigating the
molecular basis of plant/pathogen interactions, specifically related to
acquired resistance responses.  Key responsibilities include discovery of new
molecular markers, creation of transgenic plant assays, and close
communication with colleagues in chemical discovery efforts.  A Ph.D. plus 2
years postdoctoral experience and 2 years additional experience in plant
physiology, biochemistry, genetics or molecular biology is preferred.  A
working knowledge of plant pathology and proven communications, analytical,
decision-making and team leadership skills are essential.

Postdoctoral Associate in Fungal Genetics (Job 9718)
Major areas of research interest include: development of genetic methodology
needed for molecular manipulation of plant pathogenic fungi, identification and
characterization of genes and gene products which play critical roles in the
life-cycle of important plant pathogenic fungi.  The successful candidate
should have a strong background in current molecular techniques and microbial
genetics.

Novartis offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and
experience, a comprehensive benefits package, and an environment conducive to
professional achievement.  Qualified candidates should forward a resume and
cover letter (which should include the job number), and a list of three (3)
references to: Novartis Crop Protection, Inc., Biotechnology and Genomics
Center, HR, PO  Box 12257, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2257.  We are
an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.

For more information, visit our website at www.novartis.com.

Dean

Novartis Crop Protection, Inc.