position available for graduate student

Allan D Shapiro ashapiro at UDel.Edu
Wed Oct 8 11:49:58 EST 1997

        A fully funded position is available for a graduate student to do
a Ph.D. in my lab beginning September, 1998.  Arabidopsis and bacterial
pathogens are used as a model system to study plant disease resistance.
Research focuses on signal transduction downstream of the intial
recognition of pathogen by the plant.  Projects are available using
biochemical, genetic, and/or molecular approaches.  Extensive
opportunities are available for interaction with other research groups,
both on campus and at DuPont.  The University of Delaware is located in
Newark, Delaware, a small college town, 45 minutes south of Philadelphia
and one hour north of Baltimore.  Newark is two hours from either New York
City or Washington, D.C.  Interested persons should contact me by email
(ashapiro at udel.edu) or at the following address:  Department of Plant and
Soil Sciences, 149 Townsend Hall, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
19717-1303.

Allan D. Shapiro