getting ride of rubisco

Jon Monroe monroejd at
Mon Oct 13 19:07:47 EST 1997

Thomas Leustek wrote;

>My enzyme is of low abundance in leaves and it runs slighly below rubiscoLS
>on SDS-PAGE gels. This cuases a problem with immunoblotting...
> I would appreciate any advice to improve the immunoblot
>(1) an easy technique for selectively removing rubisco-

We've found that the rubiscoLS precipitates in the 0-10% ammonium sulfate
fraction.  If your protein precipitates at a higher percentage of ammonium
sulfate, that might do the trick.  It is a nice concentration step as well.

  Jonathan Monroe                voice:  540-568-6649 (office)
  Department of Biology                  540-568-6045 (lab)
  James Madison University       fax:    540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807-0001    e-mail: monroejd at