How to determine the number of T-DNA insertions at a locus

LIN BAIQING lbaiqing at toulouse.inra.fr
Wed Oct 15 11:27:39 EST 1997

Hi, Gilles,
We are screening T-DNA library from Versailles. I always do Southern
blotting to determine if the our candidate  mutants containing only one
functional insertion. I synthesized two probes from T-DNA which spanned
the left and right borders respectively. Using an enzyme to cut T-DNA
into two segments, do two hybrids. If you got only one positive signal,
it seems the 3:1 KanR trait be due to only one functional insertion.
Hope it will be helpful

Baiqing Lin
INRA, Toulouse