?Tissue specific promoters

Jon Booker jpb4 at york.ac.uk
Fri Oct 17 11:55:01 EST 1997

I'm currently working on a project involving the determination of the
site of auxin action in the represssion of branching. The approach is the
expression of the wt. axr1 gene in mutant axr1 plants under the control
of tissue specific promoters. I've already assembled several constructs
but am lacking phloem-specific and epidermis specific promoters. Does
anyone know of/have any such promoters that are from (or have been tested
in with GUS) Arabidopsis as a literature search has not provided any.
Sadly I can only use transcriptional not translational fusions so
promoters tested as the latter are a no-no. So if anyone has any ideas
please get back.