premade Northerns

Wayne Snedden WSNEDDEN at botany.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 28 14:12:23 EST 1997

I received quite a few responses to my posting last week concerning
preblotted Northerns of Arabidopsis mRNA.  Unfortunately, they were
all from other researchers looking for the same thing.  Obviously
there is a market niche out there to be filled.  Commercial
"stress blots", "developmental blots", "tissue blots", etc from
Arabidopsis might appeal to a growing lab-market although I recognize
the potential problems.  In the very least, a plant-diversity blot
(similar to the animal zoo blots) would be nice to see.  Pass the
word out to ambitious small ag/biotech companies, perhaps we'll see
something in the future.

Wayne
Dr. Wayne Snedden
Dept. Botany