premade Northerns

Karen S. Browning kbrowning at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:40:27 EST 1997

>Dr. Wayne Snedden writes:

>I received quite a few responses to my posting last week concerning
>preblotted Northerns of Arabidopsis mRNA.  Unfortunately, they were
>all from other researchers looking for the same thing.  Obviously
>there is a market niche out there to be filled.  Commercial
>"stress blots", "developmental blots", "tissue blots", etc from
>Arabidopsis might appeal to a growing lab-market although I recognize
>the potential problems.  In the very least, a plant-diversity blot
>(similar to the animal zoo blots) would be nice to see.  Pass the
>word out to ambitious small ag/biotech companies, perhaps we'll see
>something in the future.

Is this something that the ARBC would be able/willing to do?  I would be
willing to pay for "stress blots", "developmental blots", "tissue blots"
and/or "garden blots".  There is clearly a demand that needs to be filled
and it might be a way to help fund the ARBC.
Dr. Karen S. Browning
Assistant Professor
University of Texas
Austin, TX  78712