cambium

Rod Savidge savidge at unb.ca
Fri Sep 26 15:55:33 EST 1997

At 08:35 AM 9/26/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Arabinetters,
>
>I am interested in the study of cambium, the LATERAL meristem that develops
>in mature parts of dicots (and gymnosperms), and gives rise to SECONDARY
>phloem and SECONDARY xylem, thus resulting in increase of diameter.
>
>I suppose that in Arabidopsis the mature parts of the stem show the
>development of secondary cambium:
>
>What is the available information on the transition from procambium to
>cambium and on the functioning of cambium in Arabidopsis (histological
>description, time course of the different stages, previous biochemical and
>molecular studies)?
>Is Arabidopsis already used as a model system for the study of cambium
>meristematic activity and of the differentiation of secondary xylem and
>phloem?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Ivan Couee

>*                                                   *
>* Ivan Couee                                        *
>*                                                   *
>* Unit=E9 de Physiologie                              *
>* Station d'Amelioration des Arbres Forestiers      *
>* Centre de Recherches d'Orleans                    *
>* Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique     *
>* F-45160 ARDON                                     *
>* FRANCE                                            *
>*                                                   *
>* E-mail:       couee at orleans.inra.fr               *
>* Fax:          33-(0)238417879                     *
>* Phone:        33-(0)238417871                     *
>* Switchboard:  33-(0)238417800                     *

Take a look at Lev-Yadun, S. (1996) Circular vessels in the secondary xylem
of Arapidopsis thaliana.  IAWA J. 17:31-35.
   Rod Savidge, PhD, Professor       |         E-mail: savidge at unb.ca
   Faculty of Forestry and          \|/
   Environmental Management      \   |   /     Phone:  (506) 453-4919
   University of New Brunswick   _\/ | \/_
   Fredericton, NB CANADA           \|/        Fax:    (506) 453-3538
   E3B 6C2                           |