cambium

RSjolund rsjolund at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 11:03:59 EST 1997

Dear Ivan,

     I don't believe that Arabidopsis does develop a vascular cambium.
Not all plants develop secondary thickenings.  When I look at the cross
section of a mature Arabidopsis  stem, I see individual vascular bundles,
not  continuous ring of secondary xylem and phloem.

Dick Sjolund
Biolgical Sciences
University of Iowa