Autosamplers - request for info

Sneaky Weasel creel at bioch.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 8 20:42:26 EST 1998

        Greetings

        Well, my relic from the age of dinosaurs that I use for automated
analysis of tocopherols (the current new wonder vitamin), a Waters WISP
710B autosampler for HPLC, has decided to kick the bucket. Waters, in what
must be a purely business decision, refuses to even admit they made the
WISP, at least tech services won't even talk about them and no replacement
parts are available (the RAD is hissing like a snake.. and I've not been
able to find the technical repair manual locally; Waters won't sell it
either, to no surprise). So I've decided to evolve into the age of mammals
and purchase a new autosampler.

        I was wondering if any of you could offer suggestions on any
particular brand of autosampler you use for HPLC. I perused a few catalogs,
the prices seem to run between $7 and $12 K. Can anyone offer comments on
any particular brands they like or dislike? Any products that have
particular expensive repairs or difficult to repair in your experience?

        Thanks for any assistance

        Bob

Bob Creelman
Department of Biophysics/Biochemistry      "Brain-eating mutants are
Crop Biotechnology Center                   bad for business"
Texas A&M University
College Station, Tx 77843                        Battle Angel
409-862-4796 (OFF)
409-862-4790 (FAX)
creel at bioch.tamu.edu
http.tamu.edu:8000/~creel <--- BAC web page