Gene Machine?

Tadas Panavas panavas at bio.umass.edu
Wed Apr 15 16:22:58 EST 1998

Hello,

I have heard about the idea of the so-called "Gene Machine" in which the
entire genome of Arabidopsis is saturated with transposon insertions and the
seed is collected in pools.  The pools are then screened by PCR with one
transposon primer and one primer from the gene of interest to identify
mutants in the gene of interest that were caused by the transposon.  I would
like to obtain such mutants for a gene I am interested in.  What lab has
this gene machine actually working and what would I need to do to use it?

Tadas

Tadas Panavas
Biology Dept.
Univ. of Massachusetts