U. S. Fulbright Scholar Program

C. S. Prakash prakash at tusk.edu
Sun Apr 19 16:17:40 EST 1998

For those of you who are faculty or professionals in the U. S., I encourage
you to apply for
Fulbright Award to spend time overseas to conduct research or lecturing.
Over 700 such scholarships were awarded last year.  Duration ranges from
2-12 months, and the award pays for your travel and living expenses.

More information from the Council for International Exchange of Scholars at
http://www.cies.org
or send Email to <apprequest at cies.iie.org>

It is open to U. S. citizens only.   Application  deadline is August 1, 1998.

I hope you would consider going to a developing country and extend  your
expertise and network with faculty and students in these countries where
biotechnology has most potential.

The CIES also awards Fulbright fellowships for non-U.S. faculty for visit
to the U. S.; Contact your local U. S. Embassy.  Overseas Fulbright
scholars in the U. S. are provided travel money for one visit to any U.S.
University to deliver a seminar.  This is a good opportunity for those of
us in the U. S.  to invite these scientists for a visit.  Contact the CIES
for a directory of Fulbright Fellows and invite them to your institution!

Prakash

C. S. Prakash
Tuskegee University
Center for Plant Biotechnology Research
Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA

mailto:Prakash at tusk.edu
http://agriculture.tusk.edu

Phone (334) 727 8023; Fax (334) 727 8067