postdoctoral position

Edward Farmer EdwardElliston.Farmer at ibpv.unil.ch
Tue Apr 21 11:45:36 EST 1998

SENIOR POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

PLANT DEFENSE

A position of senior postdoctoral fellow (Maitre assistant) will be
available from the 1st October 1998.

The position is associated with the group of Dr. Edward Farmer in the
Institute of Plant Biology and Physiology which is situated in the
lakeshore Biology department at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
Our research centres on defense signalling in plants (PNAS 92, 4141, Plant
Cell 8, 2265; PNAS 94, 10472).  We are looking for a molecular biologist to
study oligogalacturonide signalling in plants.  The project will focus
initially on the identification of oligouronide receptors, and in addition
the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop other
projects within this domain.  The post gives full access to the DNA
microarray technology currently being assembled in our group.  Our
laboratory has excellent facilities and equipment for molecular biology,
biochemistry and plant culture.

Responsibilities include the organization of a third-year undergraduate
practical course in plant molecular biology and the supervision of
upper-level undergraduate students.  GOOD WRITTEN AND SPOKEN FRENCH is
essential.  The position is for two years with possible renewal for a total
of five years.  Lausanne is a mid-sized cosmopolitan city situated in the
center of Europe on the shores of Lake Geneva between the Alps and the Jura
mountains.  Should you be interested, please send a CV and cover letter to
Edward Farmer, Institut de Biologie et de Physiologie vegetales, Batiment
de Biologie, CH-1015 LAUSANNE, Switzerland.  Tel:  +41 21 692 41 90 or Fax:
+41 21 692 41 95