Reasearch Technician Positions in Plant Tissue Culture and Plant

John MacKay john-dot-mackay-at-ipst-dot-edu at dont.spam.me
Wed Aug 5 12:58:48 EST 1998

The Institute of Paper Science and Technology has two openings at the
Research Technician III level in its Forest Biology Department.  Duties
include planning, running, and evaluating tissue culture and plant
molecular biology experiments to improve somatic embryo quality for
loblolly pine.  The tissue culture includes testing of specific
hypotheses toward improving tissue culture methods in somatic
embryogenesis. Techniques routinely used include but are not limited to
media preparation, subculturing, statistical analyses, microscopic
analyses. Molecular biology experiments include gene cloning (cDNA
library construction, PCR cloning), gene expression studies (northern
blot analysis, gene arrays, quantitative RT-PCR), in situ localization
experiments, sequence data analysis. Qualifications: Associates degree
and at least three years of laboratory experience, BS or MS degree
preferred.  These positions offer promotion opportunities based upon
performance, training and experience. We are looking for individuals who
can work within a team, learn techniques rapidly, develop independent
working skills, present results and participate in the preparation of
reports and publications. Applicants should submit a cover letter,
resume and three references to Dr John MacKay, 500 10th St., NW,
Atlanta, GA  30318, or fax to (404) 894-5302 or e-mail
john.mackay at ipst.edu.

IPST is an independent graduate school funded by the Pulp and Paper
Industry.  The Forest Biology is an expanding group with resources of
approximately $ 1.1 million.  We are closely linked with our member
companies and are heavily involved in the multiplication of high value
trees through somatic embryogenesis and the improvement of wood fibers
through genetic engineering.  Our research is supported by competitive
grants, contracts, and internal funds.  IPST is located on the campus of
Georgia Tech in midtown Atlanta.  Staff at IPST have access to Georgia
Tech facilities.

Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, Applicants and
employees subject to drug testing.